Saturday, June 11, 2011

"farewell MDE, farewell......."

On June 1, 2011, one of the most influential figures in the history of sports hung em up. 1 rookie of the year, 1 MVP, 3 finals MVP's, 15 all start selections, and 4 championships later, has retired from the NBA. The one and only, original, never to be duplicated or replicated, Superman, Shaquille O’neal. [...]



The Shaq-nosis
Where do I begin? Like how many kids today are growing up watching Lebron, I grew up watching Shaq. The biggest reason is probably because my older brother is the biggest Shaq fan I know. I’m talking about this dude is punching holes in walls when Shaq has a bad
game. He bought his shoes!!! If you buy a pair of Shaq’s shoes, you know you’re up there.




We watched all his games, we would always use him in video games, and literally all of our basketball cards were either Penny Hardaway or Shaq. Watched him dominate the NBA starting his rookie year in Orlando(only to get pummeled by Jordan every year in the Eastern Conference Finals), watched him hand out rings like candy  in L.A and yes when he moved to the Miami Heat in 2005, I decided to follow him there(a big part of the reason why I hate Kobe Bryant, but that’s just another story in itself) where I grew a love for Dwyane Wade, and where I remain a fan of today. Yes, I hit the jackpot this past summer when Lebron took his talents to South Beach. Yeeeah yeeeah….I don’t wanna hear it.

Anyways, I think in Shaq’s recent career blunders we have forgotten what an absolutely, ridiculously,outrageous unfair monster Shaq really was. He had the skill, the athleticism, the IQ, and the power, and not to mention he was 7’1 330 lbs. Like my friend, Frank, likes to say, he was a cheat code. He was literally moving 300 lb men back 4-5 feet with ease. And these fully grown men are using all of their strength to try to push him back, but they can’t. And before you know it you’re under the basket with Shaq’s schlong in your mouth. In my book he is easily going down as top 5 player in NBA history. The individual impact he had on a team wherever he went was pretty clear. Wherever he played, they were guaranteed conference finals. He tore down a whole regulation NBA basketball hoop for God's sake! To sum it up simply, he was the Most Dominant Ever.

good lawd!

Well Shaq, it’s been real. Despite your terrible rapping and your acting, you can go to sleep at night knowing you were the best at what you did. Farewell MDE, farewell....

the good ol' days















No comments:

Post a Comment