Sunday, November 20, 2011

"Mexico..."

Went on a mission trip to Mexico this past summer. Here are some pictures.
zee orphans
Cesar
Cesar wearing my Sombrero and glases
Antonio. The best looking kid there according to the missionary. Excuse my hair, the kids were pulling on it.
This dude fell off the top bunk and broke his arm!
Playing with the kids
VBS
Some of the kids eating.

Meat for the tacos
service
eye exams for prescription glasses
acupuncture
People's houses

Sleeping and sweating in the car

a legit taco restaurant
You can't have better tacos, than the place that came up with tacos.
The team!
Awesome trip. Besides the fact that it was constantly 115 degrees plus. I must have lost like 12 lbs of water weight. I've been on mission trips before but I think I learned a lot more on this trip than my others. Obviously wasn't the MAIN reason but one of my reasons for going on this trip was to grow as a person. One of my main goals in life is to never stop growing and becoming a better human being. It shouldn't take a mission trip for me to realize how fortunate I am, but I often forget. There are really people that live in mud houses. Its not some urban legend. These people literally have close to nothing, and here I am screaming, tweeting, facebooking FML because my coke is diet and not regular.  Remember no matter how bad you think your life is, some one has it ATLEAST...500x worse than you. 

sidenote: I am looking for a non- profit organization that I can donate a bunch of shoes and clothes to. I don't want to just dump it off at the Salvation Army or Good Will or something like that. I'm looking for a non-profit that I can create a relationship with and continue donating and working with. Somewhere I will actually make a difference. If you guys know of any holla at me and I'll look into it! LET ME KNOW! LET ME KNOW! THANKS!

No comments:

Post a Comment